“Giago” Valpolicella Ripasso Classico Superiore DOC serving suggestions
“Giago”, our Valpolicella Ripasso, reflects the traditional tastes of Valpolicella wines. Our working philosophy has directed the doc’s production to the maintenance/safeguard of the typical wine flavours, so we don’t fall into the mass of tastes stardardization.
Now we would like to propose some serving suggestions with traditional Veneto’s and Verona’s dishes and with some Italian dishes.
Our Valpolicella Ripasso is good with:
- first courses with ragout of rabbit, hare, pork, beef, veal
- “risotto” with meat gravy: “tastasàl” (Verona’s typical sauce for “risotto”), milled pork, milled beef, milled veal
- grilled meat (beef fillet, sirloin, entrecote, beef chop, pork chop, “fiorentina”)
- stews, braised meats, roasts (pork, beef, rabbit)
- game stews (hare, pheasant, wild boar)
- boiled meat (beef, pork, beef tongue, large boiled pork sausage, pig’s trotter stuffed with minced pork meat and spices)
- “polenta e osèi” (cream of maize flour with little birds)
- medium and high seasoning cheeses (Monte Veronese mezzano, Monte Veronese vecchio, Taleggio, Grana Padano dop 18-24 mesi, Asiago stagionato, Montasio).
These are our suggestions! Propose us your favorite serving suggestions… and maybe also some bold ones!